COVID-19 Update: For years, Our Saviour's has hosted PADs during the summer. Right now we are still listening to government agencies as they determine ways to have safe gatherings, but at this time we do not have a final decision on whether Our Saviour's will be asked to host. Currently DuPage PADs is keeping our homeless population sheltered utilizing a combination of family reunification efforts and temporary emergency housing in the form of motel stays. This is expensive. If you are able to help with their emergency response fund click here.
DuPage Pads is the largest provider of Permanent Supportive Housing in DuPage County committed to end and prevent homelessness in DuPage County.
- 365 Night per year Overnight Housing
- 42,953 Nights of Shelter
- 378 Meals Served Each Day for a total of 137,809 meals for people who would otherwise go hungry.
Every Friday from the second week in July thru August, Our Saviour's Church traditionally hosts PADS at the Celebration Campus. Volunteers Ages 16 (with Parental Consent) and older Volunteers are needed to:
- Prepare Meals/Serve Meals (First Shift and Morning Shift)
- Prepare Sleeping Arrangements 3:00PM to 6:00 pm (Scouts, Youth Groups, Small Groups, Elementary/Middle School Children)
- Hospitality & Check in guest (6:30pm -7:30pm)
- Clean Up
- Building Security Shifts: 6:30pm – 11:00pm/ 11:00pm – 3:00am/ 3:00am – 8:00am.
Interested in getting involved with the DuPage PADS Mission with Our Saviour's Church? Click here.